Prof. M. Holland
Lecture Section: 9am
Email: email@example.com (subject line: Phys 1110)
Office hours: 1pm-2pm Tues and 10am-11am Wed in helproom, (G2B90) and by appt.
Dr. E. Hodby
Lecture Sections: 11am and 1pm (and course logistics)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Phys 1110)
Office hours: 10am-12pm Tues in helproom, (G2B90) and by appt.
- MWF: 9am, 11am and 1pm. Time is section dependent (see myCUinfo)
- Duane G1B30
- Thursdays. Time is section dependent (see myCU info)
- Duane G2B60, G2B63, G2B64, G2B66
- "Essential University Physics," Volume 1, 3rd edition, by Wolfson (e-text or optional hardcopy)
- "Tutorials in Introductory Physics," 2-book set, Custom CU Edition, by McDermott/Shaffer.
- Access to MasteringPhysics online homework system
All of the above, including an e-text version of the textbook, are sold as a bundle at the CU bookstore. Do not buy the tutorial books online - they are a custom CU edition, only available from the bookstore. The bundle will cover Phys 1120 as well next semester, so no need to repurchase.
- Access to FlipItPhysics prelecture system
Create an account and purchase access at www.flipitphysics.com. Course access key: CUPHYS1110SP19
- An iClicker (registered on myCUinfo)
- A scientific calculator
- As an optional supplement, free chapter notes are provided
Detailed Schedule and Syllabus
- The detailed course syllabus details policies for this course and access/registration procedures.
- The course schedule gives an complete overview of all activities and due dates
- Physics helproom schedule
- Tutorial staff gallery and tutorial schedule
- Other useful and fun links
Please ignore the auto-populated course summary below. It is not complete!
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.